J MITRA ANTI-H LECTIN Monoclonal Antibodies
The Anti-H Lectin is a purified extract from seeds of Ulex europaeus. The reagent contains a phytohaemagglutinin which is virtually specific for the H antigen on human red blood cells. Anti-H Lectin is used to demonstrate the presence of H antigen on human red blood cells and in assessing the H secretor status of group ‘O’ individuals.
PRINCIPLE OF THE TEST
Major percentage of the population (80%) has soluble ABO blood group antigens present in their body fluids. These patients are known as ABH secretors while remaining 20% are non secretors. Secretors contain the following ABH antigens in their body fluids:
|O Secretors : Only H : A Secretors : A & H|
|B Secretors : B & H : AB Secretors : A,B & H|
|Non Secretors : None|
Human red blood cells possessing H antigen will agglutinate in the presence of seed extract of Ulex europaeus containing phytoagglutinin specifically directed towards it. Saliva also contains water soluble ‘H’ antigen which gets neutralized by Anti-H Lectin. Agglutination of red cells/neutralization of Anti-H Lectin by saliva is a positive test result and indicates the presence of H substance on/in the red cells/saliva respectively. No agglutination of red cells/neutralization of Anti – H Lectin by saliva is a negative test result and indicates the absence of H substance on/in the red cells/saliva respectively.
Anti H Lectin is stable at 2-8°C for 24 months.
blood group kits,blood grouping kit ,blood group,sera,antibodies blood group
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.